Friday, November 24, 2017

Sometime the Answer is Wait A Little Longer

One of the hardest things I struggle with is waiting for something! Anticipation gets me every single time lol.
Waiting for health answers is no exception to this struggle.
For those of you who have followed my story knows for 2 years now I have been on a wild roller coaster ride! 
As much as I wish I could say that we are nearing the end of the ride. I think it has kicked up a notch is on its own tail spin! 
We have sought out a new rheumatologist. She is great, I really like her and she is determined to figure out whats going on.
One piece of the puzzle she feels certain about is she believes I rheumatoid arthritis.
We also have had a very slight positive to lupus.
We are still waiting on the last batch of blood work. 
We did finally convince the the cardiologist to allow her to give a very low dose of a steroid to get the flare under control so I can enjoy the holidays.
Its way to early to see if that's gonna happen.
I pray it does !
A couple weeks back I was treated for bronchitis .
As I was beginning to finish the antibiotic.
I noticed something was very wrong when I laid down at night. The pain in my chest was very intense and I had began to have a very difficult time breathing. I shook it off at first.However when I noticed a change in my weight a drastic change ! I realized I was holding a lot of fluid. 
So I followed protocol and used a  dose of lasix . That's where the tricky part came into play. As long as I was using lasix I felt better. Then on night I gained 7 lbs and the chest pain woke me from my sleep.
So I called my cardiologist, and the ordered a echo of my heart Tuesday. Wednesday evening when I seen their number on my phone I knew what I already didn't want to be. I have a small pericardial effusion again.
The problem is my body is so inflamed that if we don't soon figure out what the cause is it could grow into a large effusion that would result into another major heart surgery.
The last time this was talked about the cardiologist said we would probably just need to remove the pericardil sac from around the heart if another effusion prompted surgery. 
So I need your help! The cardiologist wants to give it three months.
To see if it grows or stays the same. Also he is hoping during this time that the the rheumo. can put the pieces of the puzzle together and get my body in the healing direction!
Please help us pray that is the case.
I know Gods timing is perfect .
Its just a chapter of my story, I have learned to lean completely on Him.
I know He will show up! 
So over the next few months if you think about please lift me up in prayers! My family as well! I really hate to see them worried...
Thank you ahead of time for the prayers and stopping by! 
Blessings, Shellie   

1 comment:

  1. I’m praying so hard for you! I love you so very much and I know that your journey has been long and so so scary! Praying you will be back to yourself soon... I love you


I love to hear from you! Take time to say hello and let me know what you thought!

Finding The Confidence Within

  It's so hard to believe we are already almost halfway through January! My New Year started off differently than I had planned. But in ...